Hui: Sharing the experience of working alongside Maori
Bernard Carney, the Chairman of the Pastoral Ministry Committee has called for a special Hui to discus the experience of working alongside Maori.
The purpose of this Hui is to:
- share as Marists how we have experienced working with and meeting Maori
- learn from our own and others experience how to engage in dialogue
- improve basic skills in te reo Maori
- share how best to present to Maori and learn from them
- learn from the experience of those more formally involved in Maori ministry
The Hui is the first initiative of the newly formed Parishes, Pastoral Areas and Maori Committee, and the suggested date for this gathering is 17 March 2010.