The Marist approach to mission is universal. At home or abroad, it does not matter, the Superior General of the Society … [Read More...] about Mission, an attitude of heart Superior General tells NZ Marists
Marists in New Zealand
Marist fathers and brothers are members of the Society of Mary, a "religious congregation" in the Catholic Church who seek to model their lives on the person of Mary, the mother of Jesus and seek to, as it were 'be' Mary and do her work.
Marist priests and brothers live in community which provides a supportive environment for their lives and ministries.
In New Zealand, Marists focus their ministry on youth and education, have a preference for missionary parishes, and ministry outreach into wider society; beyond traditional Church structures.
In all their ministries members of the Society of Mary remember the original call to mission among the Tangata Whenua.
The ordination of bishop Susitino Sionepoe took place on 24 March in the cathedral of Mata’Utu, the capital of Wallis et … [Read More...] about Susitino Sionepoe ordained as bishop of Wallis and Futuna
Judge Damian Hohepa Stone was sworn in as a Māori Land Court judge in the presence of 300 family, friends and colleagues … [Read More...] about Hato Pāora College old boy sworn as Māori Land Court judge
The Society of Mary New Zealand is interested in the Ohairu parish project because it presents a certain fit between the … [Read More...] about “We are not the cavalry”; Marists help in Ohairu parish
Challenge 2000 was nearly called ‘Bridges 2000’, Challenge founder, Kitty McKinley revealed to National Party Leader, … [Read More...] about Simon Bridges impressed with Challenge 2000 community impact
New Zealand-born Marist and author Father Gerald Arbuckle's most recent book, Loneliness: Insights for Healing in a … [Read More...] about Gerard Arbuckle’s Loneliness book in 2018 top 50 best spiritual books
Marist Motivations"How I long for the notion of mercy to take root in all Marists." - JC Colin
- Mission, an attitude of heart Superior General tells NZ Marists
- Susitino Sionepoe ordained as bishop of Wallis and Futuna
- Hato Pāora College old boy sworn as Māori Land Court judge
- “We are not the cavalry”; Marists help in Ohairu parish
- Simon Bridges impressed with Challenge 2000 community impact
- Gerard Arbuckle’s Loneliness book in 2018 top 50 best spiritual books
- St Patrick’s College students become English teachers in Thailand
- From Marist mission in Auckland to Marist mission in Ranong, Thailand
- Challenge 2000 responding to Porirua suicide concerns
- Wellington Marist priest ‘mends fences’ with sex abuse survivors
There is a paradox in the workings of the human senses.Seeing is only human insofar as it can see that which is invisible – a face with a name, a name that is “not written on the face”, as popular … Read more about Tasting God